Ho, ho, ho y’all! The holiday rush is officially here and what better way to dismiss it all than college hoops. Well, lucky for you this weekend is packed with some marquee match-ups and undefeated teams looking to stay perfect. Here’s a few games to keep you entertained while counting down the final days until the fat old man in the swanky red suit arrives. ENJOY!
- #14 Buffalo vs #20 Marquette @ 8:30 EST The undefeated Bulls (11-0) face their toughest test of the season so far. The Golden Eagles (9-2) have looked impressive since a 77-68 loss to Kansas by winning six in a row. Both teams appear tournament bound and are ready to prove themselves to a nationwide audience on FS1.
- #24 Furman vs LSU @ 8:00 EST Pete Maravich Assembly Center will be rocking as the Tigers (8-3) are looking to hand the Paladins (12-0) their first loss of the season. Furman’s senior forward, Matt Rafferty, is averaging 17 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks per game. He will need to have another all around solid game if the Paladins hope to come away with the win.
- Oklahoma vs Northwestern @ 9:00 PM EST The Sooners (10-1) only loss so far this season was to another Big 10 team (Wisconsin 78-58). The Wildcats (8-3) have one bad loss (Fresno St. 78-59) and two conference losses (Indiana 68-66 & Michigan 62-60) in which they had last second shots that didn’t drop. A Wildcats’ victory would be a big resume boost to a team that looks to return to the Big Dance after making their 1st appearance 2 years ago.
- #1 Kansas vs #18 Arizona St. @ 9:00 PM EST The Sun Devils (8-2) will be back at home taking on the Jayhawks (10-0) after splitting a couple tough SEC road games. The Sun Devils are 1-8 vs the top ranked team in the nation, beating Oregon St. on the road in 1981. A Sun Devil victory would be an awesome career win for coach Bobby Hurley who is in his 4th year with ASU.
- #19 Kentucky vs #9 UNC @ 5:15 PM EST Let’s call this one the “Battle of the BlueBloods”. The Wildcats (8-2) are still looking to prove themselves after their season opener slaughter against Duke 118-84. Meanwhile, the Tarheels (8-2) did prove their worth with an impressive win against Gonzaga 103-90. This neutral site (United Center in Chicago) game will be nationally televised on CBS following a 3:00 match-up between UCLA vs #15 Ohio St.
The following games involve the remaining undefeated teams:
- Air Force vs #4 Michigan @ 4:00 PM EST
- William Mary vs #5 Virginia @ 2:00 PM EST
- Akron vs #6 Nevada @ 7:00 PM EST
- Sacred Heart vs St. John’s @ 8:00 PM EST
- Coppin St. vs #21 Houston @ 4:00 PM EST 12/23