The holiday season is here along with the over-consumption (shopping, food, music) we all must endure. Well fret not, take a few minutes and indulge on this groovy no-cost calorie-free college basketball update.
Last year was the first time since 1949 (the first year of the AP poll) that there were no undefeated teams by the time January 1st rolled around. With only 10 no-loss teams remaining, this may be a repeat of last year. Here’s a list of the teams in order of most likely to remain undefeated into the new year and the game that may dethrone them.
- Furman (10-0) @ LSU 12/21
- Michigan (10-0) vs Western Michigan 12/15
- Houston (8-0) vs Utah State 12/20
- Nevada (9-0) @ Utah 12/29
- Virginia (8-0) @ South Carolina 12/19
- Buffalo (9-0) @ Marquette 12/21
- Kansas (8-0) @ Arizona State 12/22
- Texas Tech (8-0) vs Duke 12/20
- St. John’s (8-0) @ Seton Hall 12/29
- Gonzaga (9-0) @ UNC 12/15
In case you are wondering, the #25 Furman Paladins are ranked for the first time in school history and have not been to the NCAA tournament since 1980. Also, a paladin is a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry. Thanks for the read and Happy Holidays (Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and New Year’s Day)!